A roof can leak for a number of reasons — from storm damage to broken tiles to age and everything in between. If your roof is leaking, don’t wait until it’s too late. Contact a reputable, insured roofing repair contractor in West Palm Beach to inspect the issues, find the source of your leak and have it properly and promptly repaired. Acting quickly and finding that leak can save you thousands of dollars and a whole lot of mental anguish.
Seven Reasons Your Roof May Be Leaking
1) Flashing: Flashing is actually the most common reason that your roof may be leaking. Any thin metal strip, fitting or sheet that covers a seam on your roof is called flashing and when the flashing is eroded or damaged, the leaks can begin. Moreover, if your contractor failed to install any flashing at all (and this actually does happen!), leaks can and will become an issue.
2) Chimneys: Chimney stacks tend to collect water that can trickle down and go through tiny spaces. If there is any collection of water around the chimney area, then these pools could lead to leaks.
3) Plumbing: penetrations Running pipes through the roof is a necessary evil but not always a good idea. Most builders know this, but they still go ahead and do it. The holes (once sealed) can leave spaces and when it rains, the water trickles through the spaces and onto and through your ceiling.
4) Skylights: Skylights are a beautiful addition to your home…they add beauty and they bring in natural light and brighten up your interior. However, if improperly installed, skylights can cause big problems including leaks.
5) Tiles and fasteners: During a storm or with heavy winds, roof fasteners and tiles can be dislodged and damaged pretty easily leaving a perfect path for water to move through and get into the underside of your roof causing all sorts of problems including leaks.
6) The workmanship: Poor workmanship and improper roof installation is one of the major reasons a homeowner experiences a leak. The builders and contractors you choose to install your roof can play a big part in whether your roof will leak or not in the long run. Poor workmanship can lead to leaks so please remember to choose highly qualified professionals who are experienced with the type of roof installation you are looking for.
7) Your roof’s age: if your roof is worn out at the old age (15-20 years or more), the more likely it is to have issues, especially if you haven’t kept up with routine maintenance. The original roofing material simply may need to be replaced if your roof is near its maximum lifespan.
If you are dealing with a roof leak, complete roofing solutions’ can help you with a thorough free inspection, a detailed action plan and a free roofing repair or roof replacement estimate. Call 561-848-roof, or view or website www.my-roofer.com